Are you searching for some awesome Father’s Day gift ideas?
You have around 10 more days to figure it out. Father’s Day 2018 falls on Sunday, June 17, 2018.
According to the National Retail Federation, American consumers will spend roughly $15.3 billion on Father’s Day this year. They break it down to an average of $133 per consumer. This amount will be just shy of breaking the all-time Father’s Day spending record.
If you didn’t plug Father’s Day activities into your annual budget, then you need some awesome and affordable Father’s Day gift ideas.
So, let’s get started:
- NytStand. If Dad has an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and other Apple products, then he probably has charging cables running all over the place. Help him organize with a NytStand—a single charging hub for all his digital devices. The NytStand costs less than $70 on internet sites like Etsy.
- Phillips Hue Starter Kit. Probably Dad was always reminding you to turn off the lights. Well, now you can give him smart lightbulbs. The Phillips Hue Starter Kit has everything he needs to keep those energy bills under control. He can control the lighting by voice or by his smartphone when he is away from home. You can get it at Amazon.com for less than $100.
- Kindle. If he doesn’t already have one, then a great Father’s Day gift idea is the Kindle. Dad can download all his favorite books to his Kindle. Then he can head out to his favorite places like the coffee shop or park and have a library at his fingertips. Dad can download audiobooks too. You can find the Kindle at Amazon.com, various prices depending upon style and features.
- Looftlighter. Of course, Dad is the barbecue King! The Looftlighter will save him time and effort PLUS save the environment. No need for lighter fuel. Within 60 seconds the charcoals will be ready, and Dan can start grilling. Under $90 at Amazon.com.
- Hamburger Press. And while we talking about barbecues, a burger press will help Dad make the most perfect hamburgers ever! You can find them at Target.com.
- Nutri Ninja Pro Blender. Is Dan into juicing? The Nutri Ninja Pro Blender is a high-tech blender. Dad will love its design and ease of use. He’ll be able to whip up his favorite smoothies or juices in no time. Under $100 at Amazon.com.
- Wireless Earbuds. Whether Dad likes hitting the gym, pavement or just hanging out in his favorite chair, he will love a pair of Boise SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones. You can find them at Nordstrom.com for just under $200.
- Smartphone Sanitizer. Rather than wiping off his smartphone with those micro-fiber cloths, Dad can pop his phone into the Smartphone Sanitizer. This device charges and cleans the phone at the same time. Available at Amazon.com for around $60.
- Art Map. If you are looking for a unique Father’s Day gift idea this is it. Art.com has a huge selection of frameable maps. Surprise Dad with a map of the place where he grew up, or a city he always longed to visit. And it won’t cost you much money either. $15 at Art.com.
- Ember Temperature Control Ceramic Mug. If Dad is a coffee drinker, he will love this ceramic coffee mug. It’s temperature controlled, meaning your Dad’s coffee will stay warm even if he takes it on a stroll. You can find this great gift also at Amazon.com.
- Hydros Pitcher. This gift will not set you back very much at all. And while it may seem simple, a Hydros pitcher is an important contribution to your father’s health. The great thing about this gift is that Dad can take it with him wherever he goes. This is much better than lugging around heavy cases of bottled water on his outings.
A list of Father’s Day gift ideas would be incomplete without mentioning the gift of you.
Father’s Day isn’t just about presents. The best gift you can give to Dad is yourself. In fact, if your Dad is like most, he has already announced that he doesn’t want any presents. And, most likely, he already has just about everything. Your father will love spending time with you doing something that you both love.
Here are some ideas, some more expensive than others.
- Take Dad to the Spa. Dad will appreciate a trip to the spa too, just as much as Mom. You can go together. He will enjoy a relaxing massage to remove the stress from his hectic work days, travel or workouts. You can easily find a spa facility, or if not, make an appointment for an in-house massage therapist.
- Take a Class Together. A really special Father’s Day gift idea is to learn together. If you have some shared interests, like cooking, surfing, rock climbing, tennis or golf sign up for a class you can take together. It could be a great gift.
- Entertainment. What does Dad like? Movies? Museums? Outdoor concerts? Comedy Club? The great thing about taking Dad out for entertainment is that you can even find free stuff to do. A lot of venues host special events on Father’s Day. Also, during the summer many parks host outdoor theater productions and movie screenings.
- Enjoy the Great Outdoors. This doesn’t have to cost you anything. If Dad is in good shape, take him out for a hike on his favorite trail or nature park. If you both are sports enthusiasts, set up a friendly competition on the tennis court or soccer field. Of course, an evening at the baseball park watching his favorite team will be a winner too.
Bottom line: Father’s Day gift ideas do not have to be expensive. You can stay within your budget and still give your father something he will remember and appreciate. If you don’t have much extra money in your budget, look for free things to do. The most precious gift is the gift of time spent together. This is free.