Today’s Moms are digital. They may not be as tech-savvy as you (or your two year old child!) but our Moms have smartphones, they are texting, and they love posting to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Want to catch Mom? Send her a message on WhatsApp. Some Moms may be more low-key, using their digital devices simply to enjoy their favorite music, books, and movies. So, this year, when thinking about what to get for Mother’s Day (which is May 14, 2017, not much more time to figure it out), consider one of these 8 awesome technology gifts that your Mom is sure to enjoy. And, each time she uses it, she will think of you.
- Digital Elegance. Whose Mom would not love a Kate Spade purse? But this one is a Kate Spade tech-purse. The Everpurse functions as an automatic charger. No need to remember to bring along all those wires and components. All Mom has to do is put her iPhone (not yet compatible with Android) into the purse, and it automatically begins charging. The purse is re-charged by a wireless charging mat, where it can be placed at night or whenever she is not using the purse.
- Personal Assistant. Well, in this case, the personal assistant is a small digital device. While it cannot give her a massage, it can turn off the lights, order a pizza, stream her favorite music stations or tune in to her preferred news channels. The Amazon Echo Dot is a smaller version of Amazon Echo, and costs less, but it includes the same features and will easily fit within your Mother’s Day budget.
- Vanity Mirror with Bluetooth Audio. Busy Moms may need to coordinate babysitters, rides, meetings, dinner and get ready for a night out. With the iHome 9-inch vanity mirror, she can put on her makeup, make phone calls through the mirror’s base which functions as a speaker, and listen to her favorite tunes.
- Kindle Oasis. Even if your Mom already has a Kindle, the Kindle Oasis is the thinnest model yet and perfect for those lazy days on the beach. It has enhanced lighting and a high-resolution 300 ppi display. Its dual-battery capability means that the Kindle can go for months before it needs to be re-charged. It fits easily into the beach bag or backpack making it an awesome outdoor companion.
- Activity Tracker. Is Mom into physical fitness and healthy living? The Michael Kors Access Reade Activity Tracker not only tracks all of her steps, miles covered, sleep cycles and calories, but it is a beautiful piece of jewelry that she will be happy to wear every day.
- Meural Canvas. The Meural Canvas is a great Mother’s Day present for Moms who love art and collecting. The frame is actually digital, capable of holding up to 30,000 paintings. With her smartphone app, she can change from Pollack to Van Gogh with a simple swipe or click, turning her home into one of the best art galleries in the world.
- Smart Toothbrush. Yes, it seems that everything is getting “smart” these days. The Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Toothbrush is like having a personal hygiene specialist in the bathroom. A smartphone app turns the toothbrush into a dental coach by telling Mom if she has brushed long enough, if she is brushing too hard or too soft, or not reaching all the necessary places.
- iHome iSP5 Smart Plug. While we are on the subject of “smart” devices, why not give a Mother’s Day gift that will make the whole house smart? Well almost the whole house. The iHome iSP5 Smart Plug, works with both iPhone and Android. Along with the free app, she can turn appliances and electronics on and off, set timers, and turn off the electricity if going on an extended trip. If Mom also has an Amazon Alexa platform, she can control the Smart Plug by voice.
You can find lots of other great ideas by perusing the tech magazines. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the most important Mother’s Day present is you. Be sure to also spend some time with Mom. The gift of time is priceless. Do something fun together. If your budget is limited, rather than joining the crowds for Mother’s Day brunch, cook for her at home. She will appreciate it even more and you will not stress out about the money. Flowers are always great, but a simple bouquet of wildflowers will go just as far as the most expensive roses. It’s her special day. Fill it with love.